Friday, November 4, 2011

The price of health

Trying to eat healthy is expensive.
For every added feature, whether it be organic, fare-trade, local, antibiotic free, no human growth hormones, free range, grass fed, the price goes up and up.

Will there ever be enough demand to eat naturally, that the prices will start to go down?

Every time you buy something, you're voting. If you support organic and sustainable practices, I'd like to believe eventually we'll be able to see a difference in cost. Heck, we must be getting somewhere, as Walmart has an organic selection now.

When I get my CSA next spring, food is not going to be so tight. I can't wait to support a local farm that believes in organic practices and community involvement. I'd love to cow pool... any one interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment